Cambridge, MA, United States
Sales Development InternshipApply Now
Sales Development Internship
Cambridge, MA, United States
Growth Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a Social Enterprise, Benefit Corporation, and Tech company focused on making an impact globally. Our product, CommCare, assists some of the world’s most underserved and hard-to-reach communities in health, agriculture, education, and beyond through innovative digital data management systems. Our team of incredibly dedicated staff work towards our mission of creating an impact in the world from our four global offices. Our technology is now used around the world in more than 60 countries. We’re seeking an impact-driven sales development representative that is curious, cares deeply, and values quality to join our Growth team, and help connect communities with software that can make a significant difference in their lives.
Dimagi is hiring a Sales Development (SD) Intern. Are you a recent graduate or currently pursuing a Bachelors in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Business, or a related discipline? Then we would love to hear from you.
This role will be based in Cambridge, MA but will allow for great flexibility to work remotely as desired.
A few perks that make this role unique:
- This role will be involved in the inception stages of building our sales team and strategy. This means there will be significant room for innovation, problem-solving, creativity, hands-on experience and learning.
- For the right candidate, this role will have significant room for growth and potentially a full-time role.
Who You Are:
The Sales Development Intern will join our small, and growing sales team spread across multiple continents. This individual is someone who gets excited by helping communities in need, ranging from communities in Sub-Saharan Africa to rural India, and making an impact through their work. The SD Intern will work closely with the full growth team (sales, marketing, product, and customer success), collaborating with team members based in all our locations globally.
Our product, CommCare, is used around the globe in some of the world's most underserved communities, and the SD Intern will be one of the key members of our team ensuring more people in need gain access to our product. This is an entry-level role, and the SD Intern will be trained in all aspects of our sales process and the industry we work in. We are seeking someone who is highly organized, enjoys connecting with users and customers, exudes a positive attitude, and cares deeply to make an impact through their work.
What You’ll Do (depends on the individual’s background & fit):
- Own the research process and research new contacts at ideal prospective organizations for Outbound Channel and coordinate with Outbound team members to provide support as needed.
- Support Account Based Sales team in analysis of current targets and prospective new targets through quantitative and qualitative research
- Learn about our product; it’s market and how our sales process works.
- Collaborate with Director of User Engagement and other team members on Sales Support projects, potentially including but not limited to data analysis, A/B tests, Salesforce analysis
- Identify interesting possible new leads by looking at their activities with our website, product, and emails and by answering their questions on our Live Chat tool.
- Participate in Team Meetings, Strategy Sessions, and Goal Setting. Track timespend across different areas. General Administrative tasks.
What You Must Bring:
- Recent graduate or currently pursuing a Bachelors in Marketing, Business, or a related discipline
- A love for connecting communities, and clients, to a product that can make a significant difference in their lives
- A “people person” who is energized by connecting with people
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in English
- Rigorous, strong organizational and time management skills
- A love for learning new technology
- Excitement to join a small, growing sales team and comfortable juggling many tasks at once
- A passion for sales and a love to achieve results
- Outstanding communication and listening skills as well as independence and persistence
- Comfortable prospecting and reaching out to new leads
- An innate curiosity, ability and willingness to learn and share lessons learned across the organization.
- Prior internship or work experience in sales
- Understanding of or prior experience in the software or tech industry
- Proficiency using CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Diligent reporting skills with an appreciation for demonstrating results with data
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or additional languages
- Desire to make a social impact
About this role:
This is a 40 hour/week paid internship starting in mid-June. The end date is flexible and negotiable.
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of May 30th but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.