Applications EngineerApply Now
Tech Team - Full-time
Dimagi is looking for an Applications Engineer to join our New Delhi, India team.
We are seeking someone who wants to use their technical background to get things done, and find solutions to complex problems that are faced in some of the world’s toughest environments.
In this role, you’ll be a member of Dimagi’s solutions team, implementing and adapting the CommCare platform to its fullest potential. You’ll work in diverse sectors, from agriculture to maternal health to social entrepreneurship, helping our partners when their unique needs can only be met with in-depth technical knowledge and creative problem-solving.
You’ll develop a deep understanding of our software platform and push the boundaries of what CommCare can do. That experience and training will help you to design the architecture, best practices, and design patterns that our field teams apply to their work. You’ll work with our world-class services team to help them adopt those patterns and build Dimagi’s global capacity.
Our solutions team helps to bridge the in-depth domain-knowledge of our partners and field team with the power of our technology platform. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with partners in the field on national-scale health projects, alongside our product team driving requirements on our next generation of our tools, and with our software team translating real-world experience to design.
- Implement advanced CommCare app features for Dimagi projects which require platform expertise, and a high level of technical competency.
- Provide early-stage design support to projects to scope the value and risk of complex technical components.
- Develop, document, and champion best practices with our field teams for application deployment and release for large projects.
- Provide product feedback and technical requirements to the tech team to inform the design of advanced features for the platform
- Work with Dimagi’s support team to backstop issues requiring a deep knowledge of the platform. Develop tools and procedures to build capacity in the support team to independently resolve complex issues.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent technical field and 2+ years of experience in a professional technical role, or
- 5+ years of experience in a professional technical role.
- Able to build an understanding of the scope of a (non-technical) problem and adapt novel technical solutions to it.
- Aptitude and self-direction to quickly learn new technical systems.
- Capacity to seek out, identify, and interpret unfamiliar technical components (configuration files, http response, etc) to identify and address problems.
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Eligible to work in a Dimagi country office upon hiring.
- Available to travel internationally to support project work and build capacity with Dimagi’s teams.
- Ability to coordinate with teams across multiple geographies.
- Eager to help/strong drive to teamwork.
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful.