Sales Development RepresentativeApply Now
Sales Development Representative
Growth Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a Social Enterprise, Benefit Corporation, and Tech company focused on making an impact globally. Our product, CommCare, assists some of the world’s most underserved and hard-to-reach communities in health, agriculture, education, and beyond through innovative digital data management systems. Our team of incredibly dedicated staff work towards our mission of creating an impact in the world from our four global offices. Our technology is now used around the world in more than 60 countries. We’re seeking an impact-driven Sales Development Representative (SDR) who is curious, cares deeply, and values quality to join our Growth team. This individual will help connect communities with software that can make a significant difference in their lives.
This role will be based in Delhi, India.
A few perks that make this role unique:
- This role will be involved in the inception stages of building our sales team and strategy. This means there will be significant room for innovation, problem-solving, creativity, hands-on experience and learning.
- For the right candidate, this role will have significant room for growth.
- There is the opportunity for this role to travel internationally, as well as work longer-term from one of our global offices in Cape Town, South Africa or Dakar, Senegal. This is fully optional.
Who You Are:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will join the small, growing sales team in our Delhi, India office. The SDR is someone who gets excited by helping communities in need, ranging from communities in Sub-Saharan Africa to rural India, and making an impact through their work. The SDR will work closely with the full Growth Team members (sales, marketing, product, and customer success) in the U.S. and India.
Our product, CommCare, is used around the globe in some of the world's most underserved communities, and the SDR will be one of the key members of our team ensuring more people in need gain access to our product. This is an entry-level role, and the SDR will be trained in all aspects of our sales process and the industry we work in. We are seeking someone who is highly organized, enjoys connecting with users and customers, exudes a positive attitude, and cares deeply to make an impact through their work.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and execute the Sales Development efforts in the lead qualifying stage of the process including:
- Research new contacts at ideal prospective organizations (outbound leads)
- Identify interesting possible new leads by looking at their activities with our website, product, and emails and by answering their questions on our Live Chat tool.
- Schedule meetings/calls & qualify leads by evaluating their needs
- Create revenue opportunities for Account Executives
- Invest time corresponding and engaging with senior leaders of large businesses - on the phone, by email, via WebEx, and through social media outreach
- Evangelize Dimagi’s brand and offering, and assist clients with finding the best solution to fit their need
- Manage and monitor your work using Salesforce and other sales tools and technologies
- Gather information about our users and their experience with our product and disseminate this insight back to the rest of the Growth team
- Proactively identify ways to improve the qualifying part of the Sales process to maximize the revenue pipeline
- Report to the Growth team on key outcomes and key sales metrics
What You Must Bring:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in a related discipline
- A love for connecting communities, and clients, to a product that can make a significant difference in their lives
- A “people person” who is energized by connecting with people.
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in English
- Rigorous, strong organizational and time management skills
- A love for learning new technology
- Excitement to join a small, growing sales team and comfortable juggling many tasks at once
- A passion for sales and a love to achieve results
- Outstanding communication and listening skills as well as independence and persistence
- Comfortable prospecting and reaching out to new leads
- An innate curiosity, ability and willingness to learn and share lessons learned across the organization.
- Prior internship or work experience in sales
- Understanding of or prior experience in the software or tech industry
- Proficiency using CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Diligent reporting skills with an appreciation for demonstrating results with data.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or additional languages
- Desire to make a social impact
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of April 22, 2019.
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to offer benefits that have a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to cover air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off, Flex Time, and 10 Personal Initiative Days
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Complimentary lunch in the office