Global Services Team
Senior Technical Project ManagerApply Now
Senior Technical Project Manager
Global Services Team - Full-time
Founded out of Harvard University and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is an award-winning global technology social enterprise with an impact-focused business model. We deliver open source technology, through our platform-CommCare, to help underserved communities in over 60 countries around the world. Our partners include the World Bank, WHO, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, UNICEF, Novartis, Johns Hopkins, the University of Pennsylvania, the Harvard School of Public Health and more. Dimagi’s work has been profiled in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Huffington Post, the World Economic Forum and Forbes, among others.
Our team of exceptional public health and development specialists, software developers and engineers apply their experience in technology development, implementation, and global healthcare delivery to further public health and wellbeing
About The Role
We have set aggressive goals to dramatically improve healthcare delivery at scale across India and beyond. We are developing and implementing mobile applications for hundreds of thousands of health workers of the Government of India, who use our technology to provide services to hundreds of millions of beneficiaries across the country.
This is a great opportunity to drive the implementation and delivery of mHealth projects in India. You will be blending technical design and consulting skills to solve complex challenges using Dimagi’s platform and more general technology principles in low-resource settings. You will report to senior leadership of the Global Services team at Dimagi India
- End-to-end management of technical projects, including:
- Managing and ensuring adherence to the project plan and timelines
- Providing technical scope estimates and roadmaps
- Overseeing and supporting the preparation of technical requirements, designs and reports
- Ensuring high quality, error-free output, and providing regular updates on progress and information gaps
- Liasioning between Dimagi’s teams based in South Africa and the United States to ensure effective and timely delivery on technical projects
- Building a cohesive vision for the various applications by being a thought partner to the Project Director and external stakeholders - promoting Dimagi’s offerings, understanding limitations and collaboratively finding solutions to complex problems
Career Progression and What Success Looks Like:
- We offer a competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, and the opportunity to grow in to more senior roles at Dimagi based on your level of achievement across the role.
- Success in this role will be evaluated on your ability to carry out various tasks such as managing project scope, ensuring alignment of and providing key inputs to stakeholders.
Does This Sound Like You
- Must have: You are a graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering / technology or public health
- Must have: You have 8-12 years of experience, which includes 4+ years of project management overseeing the software development lifecycle
- Must have: You have a strong track record of creating structured roadmaps and plans for large-scale, complex technical projects and have used structured project management tools
- Must have: You have a proven track record of consistently managing projects in a timely manner, maintaining high quality results, and flagging risks early on
- Must have: You are extremely organized and 100% dependable. Our organization can rely on you to oversee lots of moving pieces in our highest-stakes projects and ensure completion or flag major risks in advance.
- Must have: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in working with diverse teams with varying technical ability and across remote geographies
Preferred: You have an understanding of stakeholder management in working with the Government of India on technical projects
Preferred: You are viewed by your teams as an effective mentor/coach
Preferred: You have prior experience working on ICT4D projects
- We request a 2-year commitment for this position, however employment is at-will according to company policies.
- Employment at Dimagi is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in India