Global Services Team
Project Technical ArchitectApply Now
Project Technical Architect
Global Services Team - Full-time
Founded out of Harvard University and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is an award-winning global technology social enterprise with an impact-focused business model. We deliver open source technology to help underserved communities in over 60 countries around the world. Our partners include the World Bank, WHO, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, UNICEF, Novartis, Johns Hopkins, the University of Pennsylvania, the Harvard School of Public Health and more. Dimagi’s work has been profiled in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Huffington Post, the World Economic Forum and Forbes, among others.
Our team of exceptional public health and development specialists,software developers and engineers apply their experience in technology development, implementation, and global healthcare delivery to further public health and wellbeing.
In the next few years, our India office has set aggressive goals, both for Dimagi and across the mHealth industry, to dramatically improve healthcare delivery at scale across India and beyond. We are developing and already implementing mobile applications for hundreds of thousands of health workers of the Government of India, who use our technology to provide services to hundreds of millions of beneficiaries across the country.
Dimagi India is looking for a Project Technical Architect to drive the technical design and architecture of our large scale mHealth projects across India. Based out of the Delhi office, the Project Technical Architect will join our team of local and international staff to learn and share best practices and expertise from across the globe.
Project Technical Architects at Dimagi blend technical design and software development skills to solve complex challenges using Dimagi’s platform and more general technology principles in low-resource settings.
The objective for this position is to manage multiple complex mobile tools through all stages of the software development life cycle: design, development, deployment, quality assurance, user feedback and changes. Specific responsibilities include (but are not restricted to):
- Managing technical work streams of large-scale projects, including collaborating with technical backstop and requirements teams to translate business needs into requirements and design.
- Building mobile applications, reports and conditional alerts on our open-source CommCare platform.
- Managing all aspects of the development and release cycle for multiple applications simultaneously.
- Coordinating between Dimagi’s international technology teams based in South Africa and the United States to ensure accountability and technical project deliverables.
- Working with teams to improve team pain points with workflows and processes.
- Writing high-quality technical documentation, for example, technical design documents, mockups, workflow or form flow diagrams, or reports.
- Developing and customizing targeted SMS indicators using CommCare’s messaging platform
Who you are:
You are organized, dependable, proactive, dedicated and interested in making technology work in low-resource settings. Additionally, you are self-driven, detail oriented and most importantly are driven by a desire to create real impact.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university
- Minimum 6 years of experience, which includes at least 1 year experience in managing the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Designing and building complex systems
- Technical speccing and documentation.
- Working in and coordinating among dynamic technical and non-technical teams.
- Demonstrated reliability to deliver on time while managing competing priorities and schedules
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Eligible to work in or obtain a work visa for India
Good to have:
- Experience with reporting tools, including UI/UX design for reporting
- Prior experience of having worked in ICT projects
- Product management experience
- Experience or familiarity with Agile methodology
- Dimagi provides an employer-sponsored health insurance plan for all employees and their family, including an additional OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to cover air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off, Flex Time, and 10 Personal Initiative Days.
- Complimentary lunch provided in office
- Please include a cover letter with your application describing your suitability and motivation for this position.
- Applications will be processed as they are received, so hurry, send us your application as soon as you can!