Cambridge, MA, United States
Senior Office & HR AdministratorApply Now
Senior Office & HR Administrator
Cambridge, MA, United States
Operations Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, innovative, diverse, dedicated team and we love what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work at an impact-focused B Corporation? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
Who You Are:
Dimagi is looking for someone with very strong attention to detail, who is excited to tackle new problems and loves supporting a team on the back-end in an administrative role. As the Senior Office & HR Administrator at our Cambridge office (HQ), you’ll report to the Head of People Operations, U.S. and support the office in a very wide-range of office management and people operations tasks ranging from acting as the face of Dimagi in our reception, to procuring supplies for the office, and completing onboarding and offboarding workflows. Our People Operations team takes pride in supporting the greater team, making an impact globally through maintaining an excellent office, making sure company policies and processes are as smooth as possible, and having a blast while doing so.
What You’ll Do:
- General Office Administration:
- Phone / Door Management: Answering phone calls, forwarding calls, answering the door and "playing host" for meeting-attendees, interviewees, and partner organizations
- Mail / Shipping: Check mail daily, scan all actionable items and triage appropriately. Ship items and receive packages.
- Office supply procurement & stocking: Re-stocking Office Supplies (purchasing/re-stocking coffee, seltzer, toilet paper, paper towels; ensuring smooth function and accessibility of supplies for other team members; purchasing and inventory management for employee equipment)
- Field Employee Questions: Serve as point person for staff questions on our office-specific email list
- General logistical support across teams: Assist with setting up brown bags, lunches, and office meeting scheduling.
- Office Security: Maintain records of office key assignments, and manage distribution and return of office keys to and from employees
- General execution of pre-defined workflows and processes
- HR & Payroll Administration:
- Payroll: Lead the execution of payroll for relevant business units spanning locally and globally when needed. This includes U.S. payroll and payroll for select global employees.
- Tax Account Administration: Maintain our existing state tax accounts, and create new tax accounts as needed per hiring needs, including resolving any tax account issues in a timely manner.
- Benefits Administration: Answer employee questions and direct employees how to navigate our benefits. Assist the Head of People Operations with benefits research and selection as well as open enrollment administrative workflows.
- Process Improvement: Identify ways to make our processes more efficient, user-friendly, streamlined, etc. and implement changes as needed
- Cost of Living Salary Pulls: Determine salary ranges for new cities/locations globally per the defined workflow with support from manager
- Employee files: Maintain up to date and accurate HR files on all employees using a variety of systems, including: Dropbox, Zenefits, Salesforce, and paper filing
- Vendor management: Act as the point of contact for office vendors including external IT department, cleaning company, HVAC company and pest control
- Onboarding & Offboardings: Execute Onboarding and Offboarding checklists for employees, including creating employee software accounts and sending welcome emails; create and order business cards
- New Hire POps Onboarding Training: further develop and lead the orientation to the office onboarding training for all new hires
- Office Management:
- Building Maintenance: Service as point of contact with building management and maintenance vendors. Ensure all maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner. This includes finding and utilizing proper maintenance employees, when needed.
- Project Management: Complete large projects for the office as needed or mandated.
- Event Planning: Plan and book large office events if and as needed
- Financial Administration:
- Scan and deposit checks
- Review, process and pay bills from external vendors
- Process and pay applicable office expenses, as well as assorted all-company expenses including flights, via the Corporate Credit card and submit expense reports on a monthly basis
- Recruiting Administration
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Management: Lead on creating and managing recruiting pipelines in the ATS (Greenhouse) and support hiring managers and hiring team with navigating the ATS where required
- Pipeline tasks: Review resume and cover letters for recruiting efforts as needed and triage to the appropriate staff member with support
- Screening: Conduct phone screens as required on pipelines
- Scheduling: Serve as an interview scheduler, and offer letter creator
- Reference Check Gathering: send emails to gather references on potential hires
- Leading/ Assisting on global projects:
- Lead on global projects: Plan and execute for global activities or projects assigned exclusively
- Assist on projects: Provide support as required for projects that the POps team is managing e.g. through preliminary research, preparing drafts etc.
What you must bring:
- 2+ years of experience in office management or administration
- Very high attention to detail, strong organization skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative with the ability to self-organize, self-manage, and work with a team
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills (and enjoys solving a difficult problem)
- Passion about working for an organization focused on making an impact with a desire to work in office & HR administration long-term
- Previous experience working in office management for a start-up or non-profit organization
- Previous experience processing payroll
- Previous experience working on a global team
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of January 18th, 2019.
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that may be below what you would be offered at a larger corporation. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and strong focus on work-life balance
- 100% employer sponsored Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally