Global Services Team
Technical Project AnalystApply Now
Technical Project Analyst
Global Services Team - Full-time
Founded out of Harvard University and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is an award-winning global technology social enterprise with an impact-focused business model. We deliver open source technology to help underserved communities in over 60 countries around the world. Our partners include the World Bank, WHO, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, UNICEF, Novartis, Johns Hopkins, the University of Pennsylvania, the Harvard School of Public Health and more. Dimagi’s work has been profiled in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Huffington Post, the World Economic Forum and Forbes, among others.
Our team of exceptional public health and development specialists,software developers and engineers apply their experience in technology development, implementation, and global healthcare delivery to further public health and well-being.
In the next few years, our India office has set aggressive goals, both for Dimagi and across the mHealth industry, to dramatically improve healthcare delivery at scale across India and beyond. We are developing and already implementing mobile applications for hundreds of thousands of health workers of the Government of India, who use our technology to provide services to hundreds of millions of beneficiaries across the country.
Dimagi’s Technical Project Analysts are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences and developing solutions for trying environments that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
As a Technical Project Analyst, you will dedicate your time to one of our ground-breaking, large-scale mHealth projects, which is transforming community health systems across multiple Indian states, in partnership with central and state governments. You will work with a diverse, collaborative, and international team. You will be based out of Delhi (where our office is located). You will work on creating and deploying mobile applications, based on our CommCare platform, for strengthening service delivery of front-line workforce.
You will join our global team and share lessons learned and expertise from around the world. You will receive regular mentorship and support from our office in New Delhi.In your first two years at Dimagi India, based on a combination of skills, interests, and opportunities, you will specialize in areas such as technical design and application development, quality assurance processes, and reporting functionalities on one of our large-scale projects. In the medium to long term, Dimagi is flexible in terms of growth and career progression, and strives to accommodate your interests in defining your future role.
The salary range for Technical Project Analysts is INR 853,343 - INR 960,011 per annum. We have a skills-based performance and development system that rewards people for building their skills. Your performance will determine your future growth at Dimagi. Employment at Dimagi is at-will, however, we do expect a longer term commitment.
- Project needs assessments and technology requirements definition
- Design of mHealth applications, bringing together the best combination of stakeholder inputs, field feedback, technical feasibility, and robust architectural principles
- Preparation of detailed software specifications that convert design documents into practical instructions for CommCare application builders and for software engineers to build out requisite functionality
- Building mHealth and eHealth systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare, using CommCare’s application building tools
- Development of software test plans, as well as load testing and quality assurance (QA) of our mobile tools
- Explaining project matters to the technical team and technical matters to the project team
- Building the capacity of the support team to address post deployment support matters
- Technical documentation
- Other project management and capacity building support
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related – or equivalent work experience
- Experience with XML, MySQL or other relational database, Excel, and Access
- 1 – 4+ years of work experience
- Outstanding proactive oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Able to juggle many things at once
- Able to get things done
- Flexible and able to wear many hats
- Well organised and detail oriented
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural team distributed across the globe
Note that experience with software programming is NOT a requirement, since Dimagi tools allow applications to be built by system administrators through a user-friendly web interface.
- Fluency in Hindi or other Indian languages is an asset
- Quantitative data management and data analysis skills
- Experience with the complete software development lifecycle
- Experience working in India
- Desire to make a social impact
Is this the right position for me?
The ideal candidate is interested in understanding what makes technology work in practice in low-resource settings. This person is able to self-organize and self-manage, thrives on the intricacy and challenge of application design and project management and functions at a high level when interacting with partners. This person is detail-oriented and comfortable with mobile tools, and, if she does not have software development experience already, has at least been exposed to the software development process.
- Dimagi provides an employer-sponsored health insurance plan for all employees and their family, including an additional OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to cover air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off, Flex time and 10 Personal Initiative Days.
- Complimentary lunch provided in office
- Opportunities for international travel
- Please apply with a résumé and a cover letter