Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
HR Generalist/Office AdministratorApply Now
HR Generalist/Office Administrator
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Operations Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 30 countries. We are a small, driven, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Do you want to gain exposure to the workings of a global organization? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us!
Who You Are:
Dimagi South Africa seeks a passionate, responsive Office Administrator to join our team in Cape Town. The Office Administrator reports directly to the South Africa Operations Manager and drives a broad spectrum of functions, ranging from basic office management to People Operations support, including, recruiting, HR policies, processes & compliance, and benefits and compensation. If you are a fast learner, are dedicated, have a great sense of humour and a can-do attitude, the Office Administrator role is perfect for you!
What You’ll Do:
- General Office Administration
- General execution of pre-defined workflows and processes.
- Answering telephone calls and facilitating visitors to the office?
- Procuring and re-stocking office supplies and ensuring smooth functioning and accessibility of supplies for other team members
- Coordinate office support staff
- Document management
- General logistical support across teams, e.g. managing room booking
- HR and Benefits Administration
- Job postings and general recruiting support
- Administrative steps for HR and employee records, including new hires and exiting employees
- Execute various HR processes to support People Operations, e.g. payroll preparation, health insurance registration, maintaining employee HR data
- Staff Support
- Arrange and coordinate travel and accommodation for employees and visitors
- Support and host international visitors to South Africa e.g. by providing them with safety and travel information, helping them get oriented
- Setting up calendar reminders and other notifications as per defined processes
- Support employees with visa research and coordinate with visa agents on procurement of visas
- Support planning and coordination of company events including off site retreats and workshops
- Responding to HR staff queries
- Workflow Execution and Documentation
- Keep company procedures up to date to facilitate a high, consistent level of efficiency and performance across administrative and operations tasks
- Ensure consistency in office systems and procedures across the company
Who You Must Be:
- This is an entry level position, but candidates with entry level experience in an office environment (administrative or operations experience ideal) are preferred.
- Must be authorised to work in South Africa.
- Have experience working with a reputed organization, preferably in a multi-national setting
- Be computer savvy, highly organized, highly detail-oriented
- Strong MS Office and Google Drive (Google Docs and Sheets) skills
- Familiarity with software such as Google tools (Gmail, Hangout), Dropbox, and Skype and the ability to learn new computer software programs (such as Salesforce, Fogbugz, and Confluence)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate with global and remote teams effectively
- Extreme Attention to Detail
- Have excellent oral and written English
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that may be below what you would be offered at a larger corporation. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer sponsored medical insurance
A retirement plan with employer match
Flex time that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
30 days paid time off/holiday
10 personal initiative days
Opportunities to travel internationally