Global Services Team
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Business AnalystApply Now
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Global Services Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, whip-smart, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
Who You Are:
Dimagi is seeking a Business Analyst (BA) to be based in Cape Town, South Africa. The BA will drive the implementation and delivery of a number of ICT4D projects in southern Africa and manage and support staff who work on these projects. Dimagi’s Cape Town team has partnerships with international non-profit organizations to implement national scale digital health systems which will involve the design, development and large scale deployment of mobile applications and data dashboards for community health programs. This position is based in the Global Services team.
What You’ll Do:
- Overall accountability for projects, to ensure all business requirements are managed correctly, expectations are coordinated across multiple stakeholders, and deliverables are implemented in a timely fashion
- Manage and coordinate project teams and senior client relationships
- Manage and coordinate the production of technical requirements and specifications
- Drive and manage scope conversations with clients for small and large projects
- Manage projects with an eye to the big picture to maximize long term impact of projects
- Mentor Field Managers and other staff to improve the quality of technical productions and scope documents
- Prepare and maintain project plans outlining the activities, necessary steps, risks, and dependencies of given work streams as the project progresses and reporting updates on a bi-weekly basis
- Lead internal and external meetings to review project progress, mitigate risks, coordinate tasks, and ensure quality implementation
- Work alongside Field Managers in building applications, visiting community field sites, and training partner staff
What You Must Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, technology, or other technical fields
- 5+ years of work experience, including 2+ years of leading and managing requirements gathering and business process modeling
- Experience in managing projects or project streams: budget, timelines, risks
- Demonstrated experience in managing and facilitating conversations between technical and non-technical individuals
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience in gathering requirements with clients and documenting them
- Demonstrated experience in modeling complex business processes and documenting workflows
- Experience successfully managing or leading teams for delivery of large, complex projects (multi-year, large number of stakeholders)
- Professional proficiency (verbal and written) in English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work with a variety of partners and constituents at all levels of the health system including the public health system. Will also require working with private sector or government stakeholders.
- Able to drive strategic conversations
- Demonstrated initiative and comfort with unstructured problems in a diverse environment
- Self-motivated team player, with proven capabilities to lead a project independently.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization and manage conflicts in a constructive and solution-oriented manner
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple project tracks and work streams
- Quick learner, collaborative, and client-oriented
- Willing to travel at short notice for meetings, project work, etc.
- Passionate about making an impact by serving the underserved
- Eligible to work in South Africa
- Working proficiency in Portuguese
- Experience working in ICT4D and/or mHealth
- Degree in Public Health
- Experience working on technology projects or products.
- Experience working in an international team
If interested, please apply directly through our website. The application deadline is May 25th 2018.
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is probably below what you could get working at a larger corporation, and exact compensation varies based on experience. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible, including 100% employer sponsored medical insurance , Employees’ Retirement Fund, a stock option plan, access to a flex time policy that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule, 30 days paid time off/holiday, 10 personal initiative days and opportunities to travel internationally, to name a few.