Cambridge, MA, United States
Account ExecutiveApply Now
Cambridge, MA, United States
Growth Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
Dimagi is hiring an Account Executive to join our sales team in our Cambridge, MA office. This role will be part of our small, growing SaaS (Software As A Service) Sales team and will work closely with the rest of Dimagi’s “Growth” team (marketing, customer success, and product teams) to increase the adoption and retention of our software platform, CommCare. CommCare is used around the globe in some of the world's most underserved communities, and the Account Executive will be one of the key members of our team ensuring more people in need gain access to our product.
The Account Executive will drive the sales process and engage with qualified leads (users that have confirmed their interest in using our software) to demonstrate the value of our product in relation to their use case. The Account Executive will leverage various marketing and sales tools to convert them to subscribers. The Account Executive will play an instrumental role in providing feedback on our users and products to the other departments of the Growth team and will be responsible for implementing relevant processes to foster this communication.
We are seeking someone who is highly organized, exudes a positive attitude, loves to connect with users and to solve their problems, and enjoys the power of software technologies. This role could evolve into a sales management role, depending on the profile and interest of the applicant.
This position will be based in Dimagi’s headquarter office in Cambridge, MA
What You’ll Do:
- Own and execute the Sales efforts in the opportunity nurturing phase including:
- Investing time corresponding and engaging with members of large organizations, often including senior leaders
- Researching and gathering potential client’s needs
- Scheduling demos and follow-up calls,
- Conveying the key messages of our product
- Assisting clients with finding the best solution to fit their need
- Building custom offerings and driving negotiations
- Proactively identify upselling or account expansion opportunities
- Ensure a smooth transition for our customers to the billing and customer success teams
- Leverage Salesforce.com to track and prioritize sales activities and to monitor sales outcomes
- Achieve and exceed quarterly revenue objectives while maintaining activity metrics and a good follow-up of the sales process
- Provide sales forecast
- Proactively identify ways to improve the sales process or new channels to maximize the revenue pipeline
- Create new processes as we start leveraging new channels
- Gather learnings from our users and on our products and report to the Growth team on key outcomes and learning
What You Must Bring:
- Bachelor's, master's degree OR relevant work experience
- 3-4 years of sales development experience, including at least one year of full-cycle closing experience in a SaaS / B2B tech environment
- Interested in mastering the use of our software product
- Outstanding communication and listening skills.
- Confidence with in-person and web-based presentations including comfort presenting to senior professionals.
- A strong ability to persuade and tailor your messaging depending on the audience
- A “people person” who is energized by connecting with people
- Strong desire and aptitude to people manage in the future
- A very strong passion for sales and a love to achieve results
- Diligent reporting skills with an appreciation for demonstrating results with data.
- Rigorous, strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to quickly innovate and think on your feet
- Independent, persistent, highly motivated to increase earnings
- Curious, ability and willingness to learn, to react to and share lessons learned across the organization.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Proficiency using CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Prior experience managing a sales team
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or additional languages
- Experience in the international development sector
- A desire to make a social impact
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of April 22nd.
As a mission-driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is probably below what you could get working at a larger corporation. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance that’s paired with a generous HRA fund contribution
- A 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match
- Flex time that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 30 days paid time off/holiday
- 10 personal initiative days
- Opportunities to travel internationally