On October 8th, Dimagi Chief Operations Officer participated on a panel during the Unite For Sight on Responsible Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship Webinar. During the webinar, Carter spoke about Dimagi’s experience as a social eneterprise, focusing specifically on the following questions:
- How should entrepreneurs avoid reinventing the wheel, and how can they ensure quality given how many global health technologies and mhealth solutions constantly being developed, but oftentimes they fail to achieve their stated missions, duplicate existing efforts, create ineffectiveness in local communities, etc?
- How can innovators avoid doing harm to communities, and how can students and professionals avoid innovating for the sake of innovation?
Carter was joined by several other panelists, including:
- Andrew Bentley, Google Fiber, Digital Inclusion Program Manager; Co-Founder, Global Health Corps
- Elizabeth Johansen, Director of Product Development, Design That Matters
- Rich Leimsider, Vice President of Fellowship Programs, Echoing Green
- Jordan Levy, Chief External Relations Officer, Ubuntu Education Fund
- James Nardella, Executive Director, Lwala Community Alliance
- Heather Zornetzer, ICT for Health Director, Sustainable Sciences Institute
- Moderated by Jennifer Staple-Clark, Founder and CEO, Unite For Sight