Hi, CommCare HQ Users!
Apologies! It’s been far too long since our last update. I’m writing to keep you appraised of progress on the mobile front for CommCare.
As of April, we’ve officially released CommCare 1.3.0 and are recommending that folks upgrade their CommCare 1.N deployments to this newest version.
CommCare 1.3 Includes
- Major Overhauls to memory efficiency, allowing faster, more reliable execution
- Piles of bugfixes for common edge cases
- Huge improvements to Multimedia including multimedia validation, menu icons and audio, video playback support, and automated sizing
- A vastly improved CommCare Sense mode, which streamlines CommCare’s interface for low-literacy users
- Improved support for One Question Per Screen form entry mode
Going forward our next release will be a big one, CommCare 2.0, which will have a hugely expanded feature set, including Case Sharing, Item Lists, and a much improved CommCare ODK client. Keep a look out for our announcement about pre-release availability sometime soon.
-the CommCare Mobile Team